Excellent Career Opportunities
Mount Kenya University is one of the leading universities in Kenya. The University has grown in size and stature to become a fully-fledged university in 2011 when it was awarded a charter by the Commission for University Education (formerly CHE) in Kenya. It is also a member of Inter- University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) and Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) and ISO 9001:2008 Certified.
MKU is currently implementing five (5) years strategic plan 2015-19 and some of its strategic options is to be a center of excellence in health sciences and market leadership in application of information technology in all areas of its business management and operations such as Human resource, Finance Management,Customer care, e-learning among others.
In the recent past MKU has scooped top awards in Information Technology in its education management and intends to continue with this line of excellence. To build on this culture the university is seeking to fill the following vacant positions with persons with the capabilities to join its senior management team.
| Deputy Vice-Chancellor Administration, Planning and Institutional Advancement
In-charge of the Administration, Planning and Institutional Advancement of the University and responsible for the management and planning of physical, infrastructural and development matters in a results-oriented and timely manner with the aim of achieving the University mission, goals, objectives and agreed performance targets.
- Guiding policy formulation and procedures;
- Initiating and directing all the planning activities in the University;
- Coordinating physical planning and development in the University;
- Coordinating the management of physical facilities;
- Overseeing human resource management and administration;
- Ensuring effective implementation of policies and regulations that apply to administrative issues, transport, security, estates and compliance with procurement procedures;
- Providing guidance for information, communication and technology (ICT) development in the University;
- Overseeing implementation and review of the strategic plan in the University and any other activities related to institutional advancement;
- Carrying out such other duties and responsibilities as may be delegated by the Vice-Chancellor or by the University Council.
Education, Specialized knowledge, Competencies and Experience:
- Holder of an earned Ph.D degree from a recognized university.
- Has served substantively and successfully in a senior administrative and managerial position at the level of a Dean/Director/Deputy Principal of a Constituent college/Principal of a Campus College in a University or in other comparable level(s) for accumulative period of at least six years.
- Has successfully demonstrated competences in administration in a senior position in highly performing institution(s) with a national or regional presence;
- A visionary, strategic and result oriented leader ready to work under tight deadlines and available to emergencies;
- Demonstration of academic leadership, research, knowledge dissemination and extension services with scholarly record of publications in internationally peer reviewed journals in their areas of specialization and supervision of postgraduate students.
- Be conversant with the current trends and challenges in higher education in Kenya, regionally and globally.
- Has thorough knowledge of the structural, legislative and regulatory framework for administration and management of University Education in Kenya.
Applicants should submit the application letter with detailed curriculum vitae (detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, academic leadership, publications, project grants and awards/scholarships, linkages and community service, e-mail and telephone contacts) copies of certificates and other testimonials. They should also provide names, telephone numbers, contact addresses and e-mail addresses of three (3) referees.
The position is well remunerated on MKU salary scale: 15
to be received on or before Wednesday, 6th December, 2017
The Chairman University Council
Mount Kenya University
P.O. Box 342 – 01000, THIKA.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Mount Kenya University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disability are encouraged to apply
Download this advertisement in pdf format
|View Previous Job Opportunities Please note that applications for this positions are all closed
- Assistant Webmaster Position
- August 2017 career opportunities
- June 2017 Career Opportunities
- April 2017 job openings
- March 2016 job openings
- Part-time teaching / Associate faculty (Jan 2016)
- Academic Staff Job advertisement
- Administrative Staff Job advertisement
- Graduate Trainee Programme (GTP)
- School of Law opportunities