Excellent Career Opportunities
Mount Kenya University is one of the leading universities in Kenya. The University has grown in size and stature to become a fully-fledged university in 2011 when it was awarded a charter by the Commission for University Education (formerly CHE) in Kenya. It is also a member of Inter- University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) and Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) and ISO 9001:2008 Certified.
MKU is currently implementing five (5) years strategic plan 2015-19 and some of its strategic options is to be a center of excellence in health sciences and market leadership in application of information technology in all areas of its business management and operations such as Human resource, Finance Management,Customer care, e-learning among others.
In the recent past MKU has scooped top awards in Information Technology in its education management and intends to continue with this line of excellence. To build on this culture the university is seeking to fill the following vacant positions with persons with the capabilities to join its senior management team.
|Principal, Open, Distance and Electronic Learning (ODEL)
Responsible for spearheading the utilization of alternative and flexible approaches including integration of ICT in Education provision through distance education, open, electronic and virtual learning to accelerate learning.
- To oversee development, designing and management of Open Learning programmes.
- To promote multimedia technology, audio technology and print technology based learning.
- To formulate and implement policies governing platform and content development.
- Digital marketing and back office technical support for students.
- In charge of distance and institutional based learning modules.
- To formulate and implement guidelines on learning material writing, tutorials etc.
- Overseeing the work of the staff assigned to e-learning; planning and managing the departmental budgets; developing and implementing strategies in support of E-learning.
- Monitoring Open, Distance and Electronic learning programmes.
- Liaising with various schools to schedule online courses and video conferences courses.
- Evaluating new tools (internal and external) as they relate to best pedagogical practices and implications for faculty development.
- Overseeing and co-coordinating new web- based courses for instructional delivery.
- Exploring and implementing innovative products to support e-learning centered university.
- Coordination of student admission, registration and orientation in liaison with Registrar Academic Administration.
- To coordinate matters related to University examination in liaison to relevant schools or directorates.
Education, Specialized knowledge, Competencies and Experience:
- A PhD degree or its academic equivalent in relevant field;
- Five (5) years of related management experience in higher education instructional technology development required;
- Demonstrated experience in building online programs, and in building team processes;
- Management experience related to technology user support.
- Virtual Learning Management System (VLMS) administration experience, including user support.
- Possess advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Communicate well with others, both verbally and in writing, and be able to effectively interact with administration, faculty, staff and other outside contacts.
- Demonstrate ability in higher education online instruction material development.
- Currency with accreditation concerns and with trends in tech-mediated instruction
- Be conversant with the current trends and challenges in higher education in Kenya, Regionally and Globally.
How to Apply:
Each application shall be accompanied with up to date detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applications should be addressed to;
The Human Resource Director,
Mount Kenya University,
Main Campus, General Kago Road,
P.O. Box 342-01000.
- Applications shall be clearly marked for the position applied for.
- Applications must be submitted on or before 9thMarch 2018.
Terms of service are provided for as per Mount Kenya University scheme of service
- Mount Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer:
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Download this advertisement in pdf format
|View Previous Job Opportunities Please note that applications for this positions are all closed
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor Administration, Planning and Institutional Advancement
- Assistant Webmaster Position
- August 2017 career opportunities
- June 2017 Career Opportunities
- April 2017 job openings
- March 2016 job openings
- Part-time teaching / Associate faculty (Jan 2016)
- Academic Staff Job advertisement
- Administrative Staff Job advertisement
- Graduate Trainee Programme (GTP)
- School of Law opportunities