MKU’s programmes across the various disciplines have been ranked among the best in Kenya and the East African region.specifically, the University’s Medical School has firmly established itself as a leader in the training of
medical personnel. The Annual Inspection of East African Medical and Dental Schools, which is conducted by
health technical experts from the Medical and Dental Practitioners Boards / Councils from the East African
Community (EAC) partner states, has ranked MKU at the top.
The inspection focuses on quality of academic programmes, human resource, student affairs, infrastructure,
monitoring and evaluation of programmes, research and innovation and general compliance with set guidelines.
Welcome to Mount Kenya University Medical School, the first private chartered University to offer Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery MKU Medical School.
We focus on training well rounded skilled, knowledgeable, both locals & internationally market oriented health professions in the following disciplines:
- Bachelor of medicine and Bachelor of Surgery MBChB
- Bachelor of Science in Dental Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Oral Health
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Ph.D in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Diploma in Medical laboratory Science
- Diploma in Community Oral Health
- Diploma in Dental Technology
- Options for Masters and Ph.D – Immunology, Haematology & Blood transfusion, Microbiology, Urology, Molecular Biology, Histology & Cytology, Parasitology & Entomology, Clinical Chemistry