Are you in search of a meeting, workshop, seminar or conference venue? Search no further and welcome to Mount Kenya University Convention Centre. The Multi- million convention centre is located at Mount Kenya University, main campus in Thika, Kiambu County, Kenya and has a capacity to host 2,000 in the three deck levels at any given time.
The Convention Centre design concept is a timeless shell where ideas and innovations are enveloped. The structure also rises gradually from a focal point of knowledge and graduates dynamically towards new inventions. The science behind the structure has taken into consideration high level of acoustics and design of detailed sight lines to ensure an all-inclusive audience participation. Whereas there’s use of local materials, there is also incorporation of modern materials to ensure the audience enjoy best ambience.
The convention centre holding internal and external fora which attract many participants for activities such as:
- public lectures
- Public Participation
- National Meetings and fora
- Staging of plays, films, music and drama presentations
The Convention centre has facilities that will support smooth running of the event such as:
- Fitted Lifts to ease movement
- Sound Proofed for 100% excellent echo free communication
- Epoxy Floor to minimize noise and accidents in the venue
- Highly raised stage with a 360 view from all sitting angles
- Dedicated Sound Control rooms
- Multiple Washroom facilities
- Top roof natural lighting
- Ample Parking and dedicated gates
- Green field for team building events
- Guests holding rooms
- Fully fledged catering facilities.
Convention centre is located in Thika along General Kago road. Thika is an industrial hub surrounded by a vibrant agricultural sector with farms such as kakuzi ,Delmonte,Gatura Purple tea farm, and flower farms.
In Thika accommodation facilities are readily available both from hotels, apartments and airbrb. Thika is connected to Nairobi through Thika Superhighway and a railway line.
Thika has many Tourist attraction sites such as Chania Falls, fourteen falls, Oldonyo Sabuk national park, Mount Kilimambogo.