MASTER DEGREE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR SEPTEMBER 2022 INTAKE
Mount Kenya University in partnership with the German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD) is pleased to announce the 2022/2023 DAAD funded scholarships for students who are interested in the following master programmes offered at Mount Kenya University
School of Nursing
Master of Science in Nursing (Medical Surgical Nursing)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a recognized university.
- Must have been practicing for at least TWO years post Bachelor’s in Nursing training.
- Must possess a valid practice license from the Nursing Council of the country of origin
School of Public Health
Master of Public Health (Epidemiology and Disease Control)
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Upper Division, where applicable) in the following areas:
Environmental Health, Environmental Studies, Water and Civil Engineering, Pharmacy, Nursing, Clinical Medicine, Biomedical Laboratory Technology, Biomedical Sciences, Public Health, Nutrition, Community health and other Biological Sciences.
That only the programmes/study fields listed above are eligible for scholarships
The applicants must:
- Be Nationals or Permanent Residents of a Sub-Saharan African Country
- Have a thorough knowledge of English which is the language of instruction
- Have completed at least a three-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized University with above average results
- Have a last academic degree which must not be older than six (6) years at the time of application
The Master’s degree scholarships are available for a maximum of TWENTY FOUR (24) months. The scholarships will initially be granted for ONE (1) YEAR and may be extended to a maximum of the regular period of study upon receipt of an application for extension. Scholars must demonstrate satisfactory progress before an extension is granted.
Female applicants, refugees with recognized refugee status and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Statement on academic aspirations (maximum 500 words in portable document format ,pdf)
- Cover letter indicating the programme you are applying for
Application Procedure and Deadline
- Applications must be submitted via the DAAD portal through the following links:
- Master of Science in Medical Surgical Nursing
- Master of Public Health in Epidemiology and Disease Control
- DAAD Deadline: Wednesday December 15, 2021 at 24:00 hrs Central European Time (CET or CEST)
- At the same time applications for the above programmes must be made on the official MKU application form which is available from the office of the Registrar, Academic Administration or can be downloaded from the MKU website https://www.mku.ac.ke/application-form/
- Duly completed application forms (and the requirements thereof) together with additional documents MUST be emailed to email@example.com
- MKU Deadline: Wednesday December 15, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EAT
Note (for MKU application):
- Applicants must attach all academic certificates and transcripts (duly certified) and where applicable a practicing license
- All certificates and transcripts that are not in English must be translated. Support documents with no official translations will not be considered.
- Only applications received by the due date and time will be considered
- For the application to be considered, applicants must pay the requisite University application fee at the time of application and evidence of payment attached to the application form. This fee is prescribed in the downloadable application form.
- All received applications will be acknowledged
The outcome of the MKU pre-shortlisting process shall be communicated to applicants fulfilling conditions 1-4 above
For further inquiry, please contact:
Dr. Samuel M. Karenga, Ph.D
Director, Graduate Studies
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com Tel:+254709153155/154