Name: Esther Wangui Mandania
Designation: Tutorial Fellow
Qualification: MSc. In Medical Laboratory Sciences
Area of Specialisation: Haematology & Blood Transfusion Science
Department: Medical Laboratory Sciences
Current Academic Rank: Tutorial Fellow, Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences,Mount Kenya University
Previous Academic Rank: Head of Laboratories, Mount Kenya University
Research Projects/Activities Completed
- 2013-2015: Inter-laboratory Variability of Haemoglobin Measurements Obtained From Selected Clinical Laboratories of Kenya.
- 2011-2012: Surveillance of prevalence and risk factors of diabetes mellitus in patients attending Thika Level Five Hospital
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- W. Mandania, J. R. Ongus, S. N. Kaggia, and F. Abdallah. Interlaboratory Variability of Haemoglobin Measurements Obtained From Selected Clinical Laboratories of Kenya. East African Medical Journal, 2015, 92 (12): 573 – 578.
Degrees and Other Credentials:
- MSc. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Haematology & BTS), Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture & Technology
- BSc. Medical Laboratory Sciences, Mount Kenya University
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences , Technical University of Kenya,
Membership to professional Organisation/ Association:
- Registered by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians & Technologists Board (KMLTTB)
- I am a member of the International Society for Blood Transfusion, London (ISBT).
- I am a member of the African Society for Blood Transfusion (AFSBT)
Any other information: Pursuing Ph.D.
AREAS OF RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Haematopathology; Leukaemias, Molecular Haematopathology, Flow Cytometry
- Blood Transfusion And Transfusion Safety Improvement
- Anaemias; Sickle Cell Anaemia
- Coagulation Disorders