Call for continuing helb loan application
We would like to notify you that all Mount Kenya University students do qualify to receive financial help from the Higher Education Loans Board, however all the due processes and procedures must be followed as stipulated by HELB.
The Higher Education Loans Board wishes to inform students pursuing PhD, Masters and continuing Education (undergraduate) degree programs that applications for loans for the Financial Year 2016/2017 are open for salaried students enrolled in Public and Private Universities in Kenya recognized by the Commission for University Education (CUE).
- Applicants who are benefi ciaries of any HELB loan ought to be repaying or have repaid their previous TVET, undergraduate or postgraduate loans.
- The ability to service the loan while studying will be based on the one third rule of basic salary as stipulated in the Employment Act.
- Applicants ought to meet all the requirements as indicated in the HELB online application form.
How to Apply:
- Visit the HELB website www.helb.co.ke
- Click on Alternative Loans under the HELB downloads tab and proceed with the loan application process.
- Fill the online form, save, print and attach the necessary documents
- Present one copy of the duly completed Loan Application Form and all the attached supporting documents at any of the following: a. HELB Customer Experience Centre on Ground Floor, Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi b. Select Huduma Centres: Nairobi, Kakamega, Eldoret, Nakuru, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nyeri, Embu Machako, Kisii, Bungoma, Turkana, Meru, Kitui, Kericho, Nandi [Kapsabet], Thika, Garissa and Kitale for free and secure delivery to HELB Head Offi ce.
- Retain one copy of the duly fi lled Loan Application Form.
Note: The HELB Loan Application process is free. Do not pay anyone to process your HELB Loan.