DAAD In-Country/ In-Region Masters Degree Scholarships Announcement
DAAD IN-COUNTRY/ IN-REGION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME KENYA
MASTERS DEGREE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR SEPTEMBER 2020 INTAKE
Mount Kenya University in conjunction with the German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD) is pleased to announce the 2020/2021 DAAD funded scholarships for students who are interested in the following masters programs offered at Mount Kenya University.
||School of Nursing
||Master of Science in Nursing (Medical Surgical Nursing)*
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a recognized university.
- Must have been practicing for at least TWO years post Bachelor’s in Nursing training.
- Must possess a valid practice license from the Nursing Council of the country of origin.
||School of Public Health
||Master of Public Health (Epidemiology and Disease Control)*
|Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Upper Division, where applicable) in the following areas: Environmental Health, Environmental Studies, Water and Civil Engineering, Pharmacy, Nursing, Clinical Medicine, Biomedical Laboratory Technology, Biomedical Sciences, Public Health, Nutrition, Community health and other Biological Sciences.
|*Please note that only these programmes/ study fields are eligible for scholarships
- Applicants must be Nationals or Permanent Residents of a Sub-Saharan African Country
- Thorough knowledge of English, the language of instruction
- They must have completed at least a three-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized University with above average result
- The last Academic degree must not be older than six (6) years at the time of application
The Master’s degree scholarships are available for a maximum of TWO (2) YEARS. The scholarships will initially be granted for ONE (1) YEAR and may be extended to a maximum of the regular period of study upon receipt of an application for extension. Scholars must demonstrate satisfactory progress before an extension is granted.
Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Updated Curriculum vitae
- Statement on academic aspirations (maximum 500 words in portable document format ,pdf)
- Cover letter indicating the programme you are applying for
Application Procedure and Deadline
not later than Friday January 31, 2020 at 5:00 pm EAT.
- Applicants must attach all academic certificates and transcripts and where applicable a practicing license
- All certificates and transcripts that are not in English must be translated. Support documents with no official translations will not be considered.
- All applications will be acknowledged by a way of an auto-generated email
- Only applications received by the due date and time will be considered
- Applicants must pay the requisite University application fee at the time of application and evidence of payment attached to the application. This fee is prescribed in the downloadable application form
- All applications fulfilling all conditions stated above will be communicated to on the outcome of the shortlisting process
Download this call here
For further inquiry, please contact:
Dr. Samuel M. Karenga, Ph.D
Director, Graduate Studies