Vacancy Advertisement: Counsellor- Nairobi Campus
Mount Kenya University (MKU) is a fully fledged chartered university committed to a broad-based, holistic and inclusive system of education. We are seeking to recruit competent, dynamic and ambitious professionals to fill up the following vacant positions;
COUNSELLOR- NAIROBI CAMPUS
This position reports to the Deputy Director, Academics and Research Affairs and will be responsible for provision of guidance and counselling services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing guidance and counselling services in:
- Improving self-concept, increasing productivity and developing positive image.
- Addressing management of stress and burn-out.
- Addressing psychological, social and drug and substance abuse issues.
- Disciplinary issues.
- Coping with education/academic challenges.
- Career choices and advancement
- Prevention and management of HIV AND aids in collaboration with AIDS control unit.
- Coping with challenges of restructuring in the University.
- Providing information for planning and budgeting for guidance and counselling programs.
- Developing proposals for enhancing guidance and counselling services in the University.
- Implementing guidance and counselling policies within the University.
- Liaising with other counselling organizations to enhance service provision.
- Providing referral services as required.
- Promoting both clients’ well-being and employer’s interest.
- Responding to disasters/crisis in areas of jurisdiction by providing psychological debriefing
- Organizing sensitization workshops and seminars/public lecturers for guidance and counselling.
- Fostering professional relationships and maintain appropriate boundaries with clients during guidance and counselling sessions.
- Promote the students welfare in terms of psychological, emotional, social and mental well-being.
- Provide career guidance and placement services in collaboration with academic departments.
- Liaise with the Associate Dean of Students and any other relevant office for the well-being of the students and campus.
- Performing any other duty that may be assigned to you from time to time by the immediate supervisor.
- Must possess Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology from a recognized institution.
- Must have at least 3 years counselling experience in counselling (experience in an Institution of higher learning is an added advantage).
- Must be a member of Kenya Counselling and Psychology Association.
How to Apply:
Each application should be accompanied with an up to date and detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applications should be addressed to;
The Human Resource Director,
Mount Kenya University,
Main Campus, General Kago Road,
P.O. Box 342-01000.
- Applications should be clearly marked for the position applied for.
- Applications must be submitted on or before 17th May, 2019.
- Mount Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer:
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Terms of service are provided for as per Mount Kenya University scheme of service