Department of Engineering
About the Department
The Department of Engineering is found in the School of Pure and Applied Sciences. It offers three Diploma courses and three degree courses as follows:
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Diploma in Medical Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Energy and Environment Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Engineering
To become the preferred Department for acquiring engineering skills and knowledge through teaching, research and practicals.
To produce engineering graduates with the best skills, who are practical and result-oriented.
Objectives of the Department
- To provide quality teaching, research and practicals.
- To have continued review of curricula due to the dynamic technology
- To ensure students get a chance to field visits to prepare them for the market
- To fulfill its anticipated client requests by adopting best practices.
- Research and Innovation
- Continuous learning and improvement
FACULTY AND STAFF
The office of the Department is responsible for the administrative functions of the Department. It is comprised of:
- Head of Department: Mr. Fredrick Mulei:- Electrical and Electronics
- Administrative Assistant: Ms. Lucy
- Engineering Technologist: Mr. Peter Mithamo
- Medical Technologist: Mr. Raymond Nyaata
- Mrs. Miriam Kineene:- Electrical and Electronics
- Mr. Jackson Thuo:- Electrical and Electronics
- Mr. Oscar Juma:- Electrical and Electronics
- Ms. Lindah Sawe:- Computing