The mission of the Department of Dental Sciences is to partner with students in achieving academic excellence, providing the best oral health care and engaging in research, scholarship and creative endeavours to improve the health of the highly diverse populations in Africa and around the world.
In view of those commitments, the Department of Dental Sciences affirms its determination:
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT OF DENTAL SCIENCES
Dental Sciences vision is to become the dental institution in Kenya with the greatest impact on the health of society by:
• Establishing new paradigms for practice
• Leveraging the power of enlightened consumers to improve the practice of dentistry
• Providing a destination for patients seeking the best care
• Developing a nexus between MKU and the international dental community
• Creating an exciting community of scholars involved in lifelong learning that enjoy each other’s ideas, cultures and company and constantly challenge the “status quo”.
|PROGRAMMES||ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS||DURATION & FEES|
Bachelor of Science in Dental Technology
KCSE C+ and C+ in Mathematics/Phys- ics/Physical Sciences, Chemistry or Biology and English or Kiswahili.(UPGRADING) MATURE ENTRY Diploma in Dental technology from an institution recognized by Mount Kenya University Senate.
|8 semesters for direct entry and
for diploma holders
Ksh.80, 000 per semester
Diploma in Community Oral
|KCSE certificate with a minimum ag- gregate of C and C plain in English/ Kiswahili and Biology/Biological Sciences and C- in either Chemistry
or Biology, Physics/Physical Sciences/ Mathematics/Agriculture/ Home Science.
|9 trimesters Ksh 34,550 per trimester|
|Diploma in Dental Technology
||KCSE certificate with a minimum aggregate of C and C in English/Kiswa- hili, Chemistry/Biology and C- in either Mathematics/Physics/Physical Sciences.||9 trimesters Ksh 34,550 per trimester|