Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Rationale of the Programme
The Course is intended to prepare trainees for future employment in the field of electronics. The trainees should be able to work safely, accurately and efficiently in the field of electronic.
Why study the Programme
The course is intended to impart general knowledge so as to provide change the attitudes to enable the trainee contribute positively to the society.
This course targets those students interested in acquiring Electrical and Electronics skills.
At the end of the course, the trainees should be able to: -
• Understand the general working of various electronic systems.
• Diagnose technical faults in telecommunication systems
• Maintain electronic systems
• Interpret working drawing with a view of fabricating a given technical part to improve efficiency of the system
• Have acquired safe working attitudes for any working environment
• Modify existing systems to improve efficiency
• Appreciate management and organizational problems and issues in the electronic industry.
For a student to be admitted into the diploma into computer engineering, he/she should certify one of the following minimum requirements.
i. The student must be a holder of a minimum aggregate grade of C in KCSE and grade C- in Mathematics and Physics
Or Division III in KCE with credit passes in Mathematics and English
ii. The student must have credit pass and above in the Certificate in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or equivalent qualification may be considered for admission.
Mature Entry Requirements
The mature age entry requirements are as stipulated below
• Minimum aggregate of C- plus a relevant certificate
• Have at least two years’ work experience in the field of study being sort
• Pass an entrance examination set and administered by the university.
Programme Duration: 9 Trimesters
The University shall have both full time and part time students
The duration of the diploma course shall extend over a period of NINE trimesters including 3 Months for industrial attachment
For part time students the duration for diploma course shall not exceed 36 Months, including three months of industrial attachment in a business organization.
Programme Start Dates:
Click here to download the fees structure