Department of Engineering
Diploma in Electronics
The Course is intended to prepare trainees for future employment in the field of electronics. The trainees should be able to work safely, accurately and efficiently in the field of electronic. The course is also intended to impart general knowledge so as to provide change the attitudes to enable the trainee contribute positively to the society.
Objective of the course
At the end of the course, the trainees should be able to: -
- Understand the general working of various electronic systems.
- Diagnose technical faults in telecommunication systems
- Maintain electronic systems
- Interpret working drawing with a view of fabricating a given technical part to improve efficiency of the system
- Have acquired safe working attitudes for any working environment
- Modify existing systems to improve efficiency
- Appreciate management and organizational problems and issues in the electronic industry.
- Trainees entering this course should have any of the following minimum requirements:
- Passed a relevant craft course
- passed a KCSE with an average grade of C- and a minimum grade of C- in each of the following subjects: - English, Mathematics, Physical / Physical Science.
- An equivalent qualification
- Physical Science / Mechanical Engineering
- Social Studies / Communication Skills
- Entrepreneurship Education
- Engineering Drawing
- Electrical Engineering Science
- Workshop Technology and Practice
- Electrical Technology
- Computer Applications
- Measurement and Fault Diagnosis
- Digital Electronic
- Industrial Electronics
- Microprocessor systems
- Control systems
- Industrial Organization and Management
- Instrumentation systems.
Award of Certificate
On completion and satisfaction of the examining body by the trainee, the trainee shall be awarded a Diploma Certificate in Electronic Engineering