- Friday, 20 April 2018 Notice to Government Sponsored Students
- Thursday, 19 April 2018 Notice to D.I.B.L students - Registration of units
- Thursday, 12 April 2018 MKU receives donations from seedling labs,USA
- Wednesday, 11 April 2018 MKU receives 2018/2019 Government Sponsored Students
- Wednesday, 11 April 2018 MKU awards STEP beneficiaries
- Friday, 06 April 2018 MKU appoints a new chancellor
- Wednesday, 04 April 2018 African universities must rethink financing models to stay afloat
- Tuesday, 03 April 2018 MKU nursing degree accreditation
- Thursday, 29 March 2018 Summarized Academic Calendar for May - August Semester/Trimester
MKU awards STEP beneficiaries
MKU Students have successfully completed a ten (10) weeks training on entrepreneurship dubbed as Students Training for Entrepreneurial Program (STEP).The Program entailed 12 modules of practical training that uses real money in real business and in real time for the training.
Victorious students who accomplished the entire course were awarded with certificates in a colourful event held at Main campus Thika which was attended by Ms. Christine Maingi, Secretary General, Kenya National Commission for UNESCO (KNATCOM – UNESCO). She urged the students to utilize the skills that they have learned to create employment.
Speaking during the event, Dr. Gaitho, MKU Vice-Chairman Council urged the student to be innovators; to identify problems in the society and find solutions for them and money shall follow later.
“Informal sector is the new economic reality, STEP has empowered the youths to excel in the informal sector. Leveraging in the informal sector is the way to go since the sector is faced by lack of skills and funds” said Prof. Waudo, MKU Vice-Chancellor as he expressed gratitude to Leuphana University.
STEP program is fully sponsored by Leuphana University of Germany in partnership with the KNATCOM –UNESCO. This is the first group of students from MKU to undertake the training.
The students acknowledged that STEP has changed their thinking and helped them to materialize their dreams.