- Friday, 24 February 2017 At the forefront of drive to train more women scientists
- Wednesday, 22 February 2017 MKU among the most popular universities in Kenya – research
- Wednesday, 22 February 2017 Varsity announcement on Distance Education and Institution-Based
- Tuesday, 21 February 2017 What to consider in changing education system, curriculum
- Wednesday, 15 February 2017 Varsity introduces Diploma in Financial Economics
- Wednesday, 15 February 2017 The Italian International Development Centre’s (IDC) Visit
- Monday, 13 February 2017 Address by Vice-Chancellor on student council inauguration ceremony
- Friday, 10 February 2017 Collection of Certificates / Revocation
Varsity introduces Diploma in Financial Economics
The Diploma in Financial Economic is a programme suitable for those aspiring to get right skills and qualification in corporate finance, critical thinking skills and in principles that guide the day today running of business organisations efficiently and effectively in a competitive environment. The Financial Economics diploma prepares students for careers in financial services and consulting, as well as efficient resource management in all fields. The diploma builds students skills related to corporate finance, capital markets and securities pricing.
Rationale of the programme
The course in Diploma in Financial Economics is geared towards enhancement of knowledge and skills in economics and finance .In particular the graduate from this programme will have a solid background in monetary theory, investment analysis, forecasting methods, financial problem solving and IT skills. It will focus on empirical investigation into financial and economic issues.
Why study the programme/career prospects
Financial Economics course is considered as ever green subject due to its high utility and huge demand in the job markets. The job markets include consultancy, government economists, micro finance, economic analysts, Economics teacher, Industry analyst, Auditor, Marketing analyst among others.
Minimum entry requirements