- Thursday, 15 March 2018 MKU open career day to be held on 12th May,2018
- Monday, 12 March 2018 School of Education April /May 2018 Intake Programmes
- Thursday, 08 March 2018 Varsity launches QMS in line with ISO9001:2015
- Wednesday, 07 March 2018 MKU school of Law participated in insurance debate
- Tuesday, 06 March 2018 MKU partners with German Institute to train locals on data science
- Monday, 05 March 2018 MKU Kigali launches new Hospitality and Tourism facility
- Friday, 02 March 2018 Newly formed foundation to steer MKU charity work
- Friday, 02 March 2018 Why MKU is varsity of choice for many
- Friday, 02 March 2018 Delegation from Dubai visits MKU
MKU and University of Bosaso signs partnership agreement
The 2018 Graduation ceremony for the University of Bosaso Garowe campus was held on 25th February 2018 on the campus ground. The chief Guest was the president of the State of Puntland Somalia His Excellency Dr. Abdiwel Ali Gaas. Other invited guests were the Minister and Assistant Minister of Education of the state of Puntland, Mount Kenya University led by Dr. Vincent Gaitho, The Islamic University of Uganda among others.
The President of the state of Puntland Somalia in his speech emphasized the importance of technology in education. He quoted the founder of Microsoft and Face book as people to be emulated in search of innovation and technology. He said that his government is in need of human resource and can only be gotten if people embraced education and technology. While congratulating the 228 graduands, he said that his government was ready to give priority to women for the job opportunities in the various sectors as they are the backbone of the economy. He noted that there were more women graduates than men in the 2018 University of Bosaso Garowe campus’ Graduation.
In his speech, Dr. Vincent Gaitho applauded the University for the opening of a new administration block which would readily serve the students better. On partnership, he said that both universities would greatly benefit from the partnership through collaborations in research, education and entrepreneurship. He further said that students studying with Mount Kenya University will no longer need to travel to Hergeisa for exams as a new examination center at Garowe had been established. He welcomed the graduates to enroll en mass for postgraduate courses and take advantage of the new partnership.
The Minister of education Professor Abshir Yusuf hailed the partnership and said that it will go a long way in capacity build in the state of Puntland. He welcomed Mount Kenya University to apply for research and capacity building grants available in the State of Puntland. He said that his ministry will support any effort to build and improve the education sector in Puntland.