MKU accredited to train Certified HR Professionals
MKU became a HRM Professionals Examination Board (HRMPEB) accredited training and exam center for the Certified HR Professional (CHRP) in November 2017. The CHRP (K) certification is a compliance requirement for those working in or aspiring to get into the HR field.
CHRP is a professional program, domiciled under School of Business and Economics, department of management. Equip is partnering with the school to implement and run the program in identified campuses outside Nairobi.
The minimum requirements for candidates to register for CHRP examinations are:-
a. CHRP 1
- Have passed Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with an aggregate of C+ and a minimum grade of C in English and Mathematics.
- Have equivalent qualifications subject to approval by the Examinations Board.
- Have other relevant qualifications recognized by the Examinations Board.
b. CHRP II
- Hold Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) I
- Hold a Diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution
- Hold a Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resource Management from a recognized university OR iv) Hold equivalent qualifications recognized by the Examinations Board
c. CHRP III
- Hold Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) II
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management from KNEC or its equivalent.
- Hold a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management from a recognized university.
- Hold an equivalent qualification recognized by the Examinations Board.
EXEMPTIONS TO CHRP EXAMINATIONS
- HRMPEB may give exemptions to holders of Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates from recognized universities, examination bodies and other recognized institutions.
- HRMPEB shall grant exemptions on paper by paper basis to applicants who meet the set criteria.
- Applicants seeking for exemptions should complete the relevant application forms and pay the prescribed exemption fees.
- All applications for exemptions must be accompanied by relevant supporting documents
Click to download exemption form
ELIGIBILITY FOR CHRP EXAMINATIONS
- Persons wishing to take CHRP examinations are required to apply for registration as HRMPEB students on payment of student registration fees.
- To sit for CHRP examinations, HRMPEB students will be registered as candidates of the training institutions where they are studying CHRP courses. No student will be registered as a private candidate.
- HRMPEB shall offer external examinations while training institutions will conduct internal examinations.
- The HRMPEB examinations shall be offered twice in a year in June/July and November/December.
- HRMPEB shall prescribe registration dates and other examination requirements.
- HRMPEB may accept late examination registration subject to payment of late entry fees of 50% of the normal examination fee as determined from time to time.
HOW TO APPLY
A non-refundable Application fee of Kshs 1,000/- is applicable before any application can be processed.
To qualify for classes and exams, you have to be registered with HRMPEB