- Friday, 19 January 2018 Pre-varsity test proposed for students eyeing law
- Thursday, 18 January 2018 2018 courses available to government sponsored students (KUCCPS)
- Wednesday, 17 January 2018 Makerere University school of education delegates visited MKU
- Tuesday, 16 January 2018 Units registration notice
- Wednesday, 10 January 2018 Accreditation of Nursing Programme
- Monday, 08 January 2018 MKU open career day to be held on 13th January 2018
- Saturday, 06 January 2018 Safaricom Blaze Campus Experience Zones Job Exposure Opportunity
- Saturday, 06 January 2018 School of education subject combinations
- Friday, 05 January 2018 January 2018 Intake ODeL Programmes
Accreditation of Nursing Programme
Mount Kenya University has been accredited by the Nursing Council of Kenya to train Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing. This accreditation is the fifth in the country to both public and private universities.
The Nursing Council of Kenya is the accreditation authority responsible for accrediting education providers and programs of study for the nursing profession.
The council has urged the students to make sure that the institution where they will be trained as a nurse is approved by the Council and that the training programme (course) is also accredited by the Council. If either is not accredited, the Nursing Council will not recognize any of the training the student has received. This means that the student will not be able to practice in Kenya (or elsewhere) after completing the training.