- Friday, 20 April 2018 Notice to Government Sponsored Students
- Thursday, 19 April 2018 Notice to D.I.B.L students - Registration of units
- Thursday, 12 April 2018 MKU receives donations from seedling labs,USA
- Wednesday, 11 April 2018 MKU receives 2018/2019 Government Sponsored Students
- Wednesday, 11 April 2018 MKU awards STEP beneficiaries
- Friday, 06 April 2018 MKU appoints a new chancellor
- Wednesday, 04 April 2018 African universities must rethink financing models to stay afloat
- Tuesday, 03 April 2018 MKU nursing degree accreditation
- Thursday, 29 March 2018 Summarized Academic Calendar for May - August Semester/Trimester
Accreditation of Nursing Programme
Mount Kenya University has been accredited by the Nursing Council of Kenya to train Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing. This accreditation is the fifth in the country to both public and private universities.
The Nursing Council of Kenya is the accreditation authority responsible for accrediting education providers and programs of study for the nursing profession.
The council has urged the students to make sure that the institution where they will be trained as a nurse is approved by the Council and that the training programme (course) is also accredited by the Council. If either is not accredited, the Nursing Council will not recognize any of the training the student has received. This means that the student will not be able to practice in Kenya (or elsewhere) after completing the training