- Monday, 19 February 2018 MoU between MKU Kigali and RwandaAir
- Friday, 16 February 2018 MKU engineering alumnus among 10 winners in global innovation contest
- Friday, 16 February 2018 MKU Foundation’s Equip Africa College a game changer
- Friday, 16 February 2018 School of Education in elaborate growth plans
- Friday, 16 February 2018 MKU researchers working to help bring down malaria
- Thursday, 15 February 2018 Govt. report shows MKU law students excel in Bar exams
- Tuesday, 13 February 2018 Talks on for tripartite collaboration with NTU and Makerere University
- Tuesday, 13 February 2018 MKU is fine-tuning and enriching the DIBL module
- Tuesday, 13 February 2018 University established provident fund for all staff
Call for innovative & creative activities for professional student associations
The current global trend in addressing socio-economic challenges strongly focusses on innovation and creativity. This is informed by reputable authorities such as John Howkins in the book “The Creative Economy: How People Make Money from Ideas”. According to Howkins, innovation and creativity are today’s hallmark of economic development. Consequently, in tandem with MKU’s Mission and Vision, the University is in support of Professional Student Associations/Clubs as possible breeding ground of the country’s innovative and creative minds. Entrusted with this responsibility is the Mount Kenya University Foundation (MKUF) which has received a generous donation of 3 million shillings from Mount Kenya University management, to announce the call for ideas, review applications, coordinate the disbursement of funds and assist in nurturing the best ideas to the next level. MKUF is a registered charitable arm of Mount Kenya University. It was established to co-ordinate several activities that the University has been undertaking in support of the students, alumni and the community.
Mount Kenya University Foundation is happy to announce a call for competitive proposals on innovative and creative activities for professional student associations & Clubs at Mount Kenya University.
Successful applicants will be funded to a maximum of Ksh. 200,000. The proposed activities should run for at least one year.
For further clarification, visit the Foundation Offices at Alumni Plaza, 9th Floor, Rm. 902.