- Monday, 19 February 2018 MoU between MKU Kigali and RwandaAir
- Friday, 16 February 2018 MKU engineering alumnus among 10 winners in global innovation contest
- Friday, 16 February 2018 MKU Foundation’s Equip Africa College a game changer
- Friday, 16 February 2018 School of Education in elaborate growth plans
- Friday, 16 February 2018 MKU researchers working to help bring down malaria
- Thursday, 15 February 2018 Govt. report shows MKU law students excel in Bar exams
- Tuesday, 13 February 2018 Talks on for tripartite collaboration with NTU and Makerere University
- Tuesday, 13 February 2018 MKU is fine-tuning and enriching the DIBL module
- Tuesday, 13 February 2018 University established provident fund for all staff
Extension of Unit Registration Deadline
In the last one week we have experienced high traffic in our management Information’s systems namely the student portal, staff portal and e-learning system. This was largely attributed to fact that when the end of semester results were released they coincided with the deadline for unit registration and the fact that most of operations in the university are automated exerting the pressure on the existing resources.
However, the systems operations are back to normal and the unit registration deadline has been extended to 20th October 2017 to allow students who had not registered do so and access the online resources.
All this was anticipated and the university had ordered for new servers with higher capacity and processing power, where configuration and data migration is now taking place. By the end of this exercise we will no longer experience the low speeds and downtimes. In addition, we increased the bandwidth dedicated to these servers to avoid disruption of services and operations at the university.
We apologize for the inconveniences caused and we strive to serve you better
Director Information Communication and technology