- Wednesday, 21 February 2018 Vacancy announcement : Principal ODEL
- Monday, 19 February 2018 MoU between MKU Kigali and RwandaAir
- Friday, 16 February 2018 MKU engineering alumnus among 10 winners in global innovation contest
- Friday, 16 February 2018 MKU Foundation’s Equip Africa College a game changer
- Friday, 16 February 2018 School of Education in elaborate growth plans
- Friday, 16 February 2018 MKU researchers working to help bring down malaria
- Thursday, 15 February 2018 Govt. report shows MKU law students excel in Bar exams
- Tuesday, 13 February 2018 Talks on for tripartite collaboration with NTU and Makerere University
- Tuesday, 13 February 2018 MKU is fine-tuning and enriching the DIBL module
MKU web policy results in higher ranking
Varsity’s E-repository rated second in Kenya
Webometrics ranking of electronic repositories has rated Mount Kenya University (MKU) as a tower of open access knowledge in Africa.
The university’s electronic repository emerged second among Kenyan universities, just behind the University of Nairobi’s E-repository. It was also ranked among the top 25 on the continent, at position 22.
The latest ranking, released mid-July, shows that MKU’s E-repository surged from position three to two, making it the top ranked private university in Kenya.
The MKU E-repository is a rich open access archive for collecting, preserving and disseminating digital materials of scholarly works.
The high ranking is a confirmation that MKU’s web policy is spot on and has succeeded in spurring the electronic publication of mountains of quality scholarly works available to audiences across the globe – at the click of a mouse.