- Wednesday, 21 February 2018 Vacancy announcement : Principal ODEL
- Monday, 19 February 2018 MoU between MKU Kigali and RwandaAir
- Friday, 16 February 2018 MKU engineering alumnus among 10 winners in global innovation contest
- Friday, 16 February 2018 MKU Foundation’s Equip Africa College a game changer
- Friday, 16 February 2018 School of Education in elaborate growth plans
- Friday, 16 February 2018 MKU researchers working to help bring down malaria
- Thursday, 15 February 2018 Govt. report shows MKU law students excel in Bar exams
- Tuesday, 13 February 2018 Talks on for tripartite collaboration with NTU and Makerere University
- Tuesday, 13 February 2018 MKU is fine-tuning and enriching the DIBL module
A peek at 12th graduation Chief guests' profile, Prof. Olive Mugenda
Prof. Olive Mugenda is the immediate Vice-Chancellor of Kenyatta University having served in the same capacity, from 2006 to March 2016. While serving as the Vice-Chancellor, she spearheaded the institution’s transformation in many ways including growth in students’ enrolment, infrastructure development and expansion, staff welfare and introduced market driven programmes. She ably turned the University into an entrepreneurial and research institution and championed innovation in academics, administration and research.
Prof. Mugenda is a Director of Nation Media Group, a leading Newspaper company in Kenya, Non-Executive Director for UBA Kenya Bank Limited a multinational financial institution, Board member of the African Centre for Transformative and Inclusive Leadership Initiative (ACTIL), member of the Steering Committee for the Young African Leadership Initiative (YALI) and a Board member of Global Training and Research Program, an NGO owned by University of California. Previously, Professor has been Chairperson of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) and Vice-President of the International Association of Universities (IAU).
She is a recipient of the Elder of Burning Spear (EBS) and Chief of the Order of the Burning Spear (CBS) presidential awards. Prof. Mugenda is also a recipient of the Ernst and Young Lifetime Achievement Award and was recently awarded the highly competitive and prestigious Impact Research and Science in Sub- Saharan Africa (IMPRESSA) Award by the Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM). In February 2016, the French Government through the French Embassy in Nairobi awarded Prof. Mugenda the Order of Academic Palms – a national order of France for Distinguished Academics and figures in the world for her efforts in steering the University’s growth.
Prof. Mugenda graduated with a first class honours degree in education from the University of Nairobi. She later did a Master of Science degree and PhD in Family and Consumer Sciences and a PhD at Iowa State University (USA). She is also a holder of a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the Eastern and Southern Africa Management Institute (ESAMI).
After leaving Kenyatta University, Prof. Mugenda has been involved in training leaders and helping them transform their institutions, through her consultancy which focuses on training in leadership and governance.