- Thursday, 19 October 2017 Job vacancies at Equip Africa College
- Wednesday, 18 October 2017 Presidential Election break
- Monday, 16 October 2017 Students off to Poland on Erasmus+ study
- Friday, 13 October 2017 MKU Nairobi campus president’s award club constructs a science
- Thursday, 12 October 2017 Interruption of Studies in Thika Campus on Monday 9th October, 2017
- Thursday, 12 October 2017 Extension of Unit Registration Deadline
- Wednesday, 11 October 2017 Collection of credit transfers letters
- Tuesday, 10 October 2017 Resumption of Studies
- Monday, 09 October 2017 MKU transfers pharmacy students from Kigali campus to main campus.
12th Graduation Ceremony Announcement : Friday, 7th July, 2017
OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY VICE-CHANCELLOR ACADEMIC & RESEARCH AFFAIRS
The Chancellor, Mount Kenya University, Prof. Victoria Wells Wulsin on behalf of the University Council, Management Board and Senate wishes to inform all our esteemed graduands who have qualified for various University Academic Awards and conferment of Degrees, that the 12th Graduation Ceremony will be held on Friday, 7th July 2017.
All prospective graduands should note the following:
1) VENUE AND GRADUATION DATE:
The graduation ceremony will be held at the Mount Kenya University, Graduation Pavilion Grounds Thika- Garissa Road on 7th July 2017 at 9.00 am.
The graduation ceremony will be presided over by the University Chancellor Prof. Victoria Wells Wulsin MD, Ph.D. who will award academic awards and confer Degrees.
3) CLEARANCE AND REGISTRATION
Prospective graduands are required to clear online through the University Management Information System.Graduands are required to have cleared with the University by 2nd June 2017 for their names to be included in the final graduation list.Once you have cleared and your name is on the graduation list you qualify to graduate, please note that the graduands will not be required to apply for the graduation.
4) VERIFICATION OF ACADEMIC RECORDS AND ORDER OF NAMES
All graduands are requested to verify their names from 25th May 2017 to 9th June 2017. Any requests for changes in spelling and order of names should be done within this period at the respective campus admission office(s).
The graduands lists which will be approved by the senate will be posted in this website
All graduands intending to participate in the ceremony must attend the rehearsal on Thursday 6th July 2017 at the Thika- Garissa Road Graduation Pavilion Grounds at 10.00 a.m.
NB: Payment to be made at; Equity Bank -0090292435067 or other fees collection accounts, GT Bank-2014200002, Family Bank- 005000019336, Standard Chartered Bank-0102049817400, Kenya Commercial Bank-1121032222 or Co-operative Bank- 01129279981300
7) GRADUATION GOWNS
Graduands are expected to be in full graduation attire for both the rehearsal and the graduation ceremony. Graduation gowns will be hired as from 26th June 2017 to 5th July 2017 and will be collected from the office of the respective Deans of Schools at the Main Campus and from the Examinations offices in respective Campuses during the office hours.
The hired graduation gowns must be returned before 21st July 2017. Any delay in returning the gown will attract a daily charge of Ksh.500
On the graduation day, all graduands will participate in the graduands procession in order of their respective schools at 7.00 am. Graduands and their guests will be expected to have taken their seats by 8.00 am. Those arriving late will not be allowed into the graduation grounds.
For more information kindly contact the Registrar, Academic Affairs;