Excellent Career Opportunities
Mount Kenya University is one of the leading universities in Kenya. The University has grown in size and stature to become a fully-fledged university in 2011 when it was awarded a charter by the Commission for University Education (formerly CHE) in Kenya. It is also a member of Inter- University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) and Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) and ISO 9001:2008 Certified.
MKU is currently implementing five (5) years strategic plan 2015-19 and some of its strategic options is to be a center of excellence in health sciences and market leadership in application of information technology in all areas of its business management and operations such as Human resource, Finance Management,Customer care, e-learning among others.
In the recent past MKU has scooped top awards in Information Technology in its education management and intends to continue with this line of excellence. To build on this culture the university is seeking to fill the following vacant positions with persons with the capabilities to join its senior management team.
|HEAD, GRANT OFFICE & RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Mount Kenya University Foundation co-ordinates several activities that the University has been undertaking in aid of students, alumni and the community. The programs of the foundation are geared towards harnessing public and private support that benefits the educational, research and community service mandates of the University. The University is pleased to announce the position of Head, Grant Office at the foundation.
- Conducting research on potential funding sources, such as government, corporate, NGOs’ and charitable organizations
- Developing and writing proposals in response to calls for funding
- Conducting prospective research on donor community to identify grants opportunities
- Maintaining University funding opportunity databases, activity tracking system, and related confidential files
- In consultations with the Director, establish and maintain relationships with foundation contacts and program officers
- Managing the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines and reports
- Conducting prospect research on foundations and corporations to identify, cultivate and solicit new grants
- Working with other University departments to obtain necessary information for proposals/grants and applications
- Preparing annual technical and activity reports of the Foundation
Minimum Qualifications and Attributes
- Have a Master's degree in social sciences or any other relevant field.
- At least 5 years working experience with NGO’s or Community Based Organizations (CBOs). Evidence of active fundraising experience is mandatory.
- Evidence of project management.
- Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal & organization skills.
Download this advertisement in pdf format
- Assist in planning and conducting research on donors
- Assist in conducting literature and database searches
- Assist in preparation of the Foundation reports and publications.
- Assist in data collection and analysis
- Taking minutes of technical meetings
- Assist in producing annual reports on Foundation activities
- Assist in maintaining a quarterly Foundation bulletin
- Assist in dissemination of information on Foundation and donor opportunities and grant calls to Departments, Schools and Campuses.
- Assist in building a database of alumni, donors and other contacts
- Assist the Foundation to comply with the Quality Management System requirements based on ISO 9001:2008
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director, MKU Foundation.
Minimum Qualifications and Attributes
- Bachelor degree in any relevant field
Evidence of resource mobilization skills
Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal & organization skills.
on or before 21st March, 2018
The Human Resource Director
Mount Kenya University
P.O. Box 342 – 01000, THIKA
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Mount Kenya University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Hard copies will not be accepted
|View Previous Job Opportunities Please note that applications for this positions are all closed
- Principal, Open, Distance and Electronic Learning (ODEL)
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor Administration, Planning and Institutional Advancement
- Assistant Webmaster Position
- August 2017 career opportunities
- June 2017 Career Opportunities
- April 2017 job openings
- March 2016 job openings
- Part-time teaching / Associate faculty (Jan 2016)
- Academic Staff Job advertisement
- Administrative Staff Job advertisement
- Graduate Trainee Programme (GTP)
- School of Law opportunities