Application forms can be downloaded or Collected from our campuses / marketing centres. Application can also be done online.
Click to apply online
2. Download Application Form
Duly filled application forms should be addressed to the Registrar -Academic Affairs.
Application should be accompanied by copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, and one passport size photo and a copy of National ID, Passport or a birth certificate.
Kenyan and East African applicants application fee is as follows;-
- Ksh. 1,000 (Certificates, Diplomas & Undergraduates programmes)
- Ksh. 2,000 (Post-Graduate programmes)
Non-East African applicants;-
- US Dollars 50 (Certificates, Diplomas & Undergraduates programmes)
- US Dollars 100 (Post-Graduate programmes)
Application fees should be payable only to the following accounts:-
- Equity Bank A/C 0090292687045
- Dollar Account: 1173740309 (Swift No. KCBLKENX)
Why MKU Join MKU
Why MKU is a Preferred Destination for International Students.
- Mount Kenya University is accredited by the Commission for Higher Education, Kenya
- Affordable fees to ensure that a bigger proportion of East Africans access higher education
- Students have a choice to choose where to study from its ten (10) campuses
- Wi-Fi internet access across all campuses
- Free Annual air ticket (* terms and conditions apply)
- The university assists in processing of students permit and pupil’s pass with immigration department.
- Flexible mode of learning which includes: Fulltime, Open/distance and E-learning, school based, Part-time (evening and weekends)
- The main language of instruction is English. The university offers bridging and short courses in English. Other languages taught for the hospitality industry include: French, German, Spanish, Kiswahili and Chinese among others.
- Student Welfare Support: For the convenience of the students, the University has in place a students centre which houses a restaurants serving international cuisine, gym and salon/ barber shop. There are also shops for the basic needs of students, a laundry and dry cleaning services. The sick bay health unit offers basic health services and ensures a healthy environment for the university community. The sporting activities at the university vary and range from football, tennis, volleyball, swimming and other activities such as drama and counseling.
- Transportation: The University has in place a fleet of buses and transport is always available for practical academic and social trips. Students are also picked up at the airport on their first arrival.
- Students academic exchange with all the campuses.
- Tourism: Kenya is endowed with a variety of tourism attractions and foreign students have a chance to sample them. The coastline in Mombasa, the flamingoes on Lake Nakuru, national Parks, Delmonte Pineapples farming in Thika, Mount Kenya etc. are some of the few places to visit in the country.
- Career Placement : the University produces highly skilled graduates who are employable by potential employers and others gain self-employment opportunities.
- Multicultural diversity: The university recognizes the diversity of its students population and develops talents through organizing of cultural events.
- International Recognition: The University is on the road map of ISO- Certification and committed on compliance with international standard on quality.
- Community services / Engagements: Mount Kenya University is committed to carry out corporate social responsibility based activities which add value to the community we live in.
Contact MKU International Students Coordinating office
Tel:+254 672 820 000 , +254 709 153 000