Bachelor of Science in Statistics
Statisticians provide important information, using appropriate statistical techniques with the help of their analytical and problem-solving skills, to assess and evaluate a wide range of issues in many field including science and technology. This involves data collection, analysis, interpretation, statistical estimation, prediction, statistical modelling and simulation.
This Programme aims to provide a thorough grounding in all of the techniques and principles commonly used by the professional statistician. It gives a firm foundation in the theoretical basis of these, but has an emphasis on application and the use of statistical software.
Why study the Programme
To nurture and build students professionally for purposes of achieving educational development of the people and the National vision of an industrialized nation by the year 2030 and beyond in a safe environment.
To offer a holistic approach in the field of Statistics.
O-level and A-level graduate’s holders who wish to take careers as corporate banking managers, loss runner ( in banks); accountants (in retail companies), audit assistants, chartered accountants, trainee auditors, (all with accountancy firms), business administrators (insurance), assistant pensions administrators, HR pay & pensioners, analyst programmers, planning & information analysts, statistical officers and researchers.
- Apply theoretical understanding, professional judgment and skills in mitigation of statistical problems;
- Apply theoretical understanding, professional judgment and skills in Data collection, analysis and interpretations.
- Formulate and implement solutions to problems of sustainable development, through the use of analytical skill and theoretical knowledge.
- Make meaningful contributions to improving legal and administrative structures and processes relevant to sustainable development and environmental management.
- KCSE certificate with a minimum mean grade of C+ and grade C+ (plus) in Mathematics and C plain in Chemistry, Biology and/or physics subjects Or
- KACE certificate with a minimum of two principal passes in the subjects and O level Credit in Biology/Chemistry Or
- Diploma in relevant disciplines from an institution of higher learning recognized by the University Senate. Or
- An equivalent qualification recognized by the University Senate
Exemptions and credit transfers.
- Credit transfer from Bachelors to Bachelors should be awarded only a maximum of one half of the of the minimum number of required units for the award of a degree
- No University common units should be offered a credit transfer.
- Credit transfers should be given a minimum of B in any unit.
Download the most recent fee structure here
Applications can be downloded here , you can also submit your application online here
Programme start dates.
January, May and September every year.