Master of Clinical Medicine
Master of Clinical Medicine (Options: Forensic Medicine, Accidents and Emergency Medicine and Family Health)
There is increased demand for clinicians who are specialized in various areas of Master of Science in Clinical Medicine as well as a public demand from Clinical Officers, to acquire academic progression. The program will provide the Clinical Medicine graduate an opportunity to advance in the areas of specialization.
Why study the program
The Masters program is designed to enable the graduates:
Have strong analytic and critical thinking, knowledge, skills and abilities to
- Solve problems in the health care system
- Conceptualize and sensitize people on the principles, procedures, and data in health institutions
Mount Kenya University is the first University to offer Master programs to the Clinical Medicine graduates
BSc. Clinical Medicine and Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery graduates
At the conclusion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Increase the student’s Clinical competence in the area of Specialization.
- To have the organizational and systems leadership skills to promote critical decision making supporting high quality and safe patient care.
- Apply methods, instruments and performance measures and standards for quality improvement within the health system
- To have the knowledge and skills to carry out evidence-based research which will inform clinical practice, promote change and disseminate new knowledge.
- Continue into an appropriate PhD program if desired.
Bachelor’s degree of Mount Kenya University, or a degree of equivalent qualification recognized by the Senate of Mount Kenya University in relevant fields.
Download the most recent fee structure here
Applications can be downloded here , you can also submit your application online here
Programme Starting Dates: Every May and September