Certificate in Information Technology
Information is an important resource in the day-to-day operations of individual organizations and society. The world has evolved to an age where information is an essential commodity because of the role it plays in promoting education, research and development
Why study the programme
The programme is intended to meet the competences, enhance innovativeness and creativity, and to address identified gaps in Information technology. The goals of the programme shall be:
- Meet the increasing demand in the labor market for Information Science experts.
- To meet the market demand in training information specialist who will be equipped with knowledge and skills to manage libraries information centers and information resources in a changing environment that is fast embracing the use of information Technology
It is vital to ensure proper organization and distribution of information in all organizations for their proper functioning. This has not been the case due to inadequate knowledge and skillful information handlers. As a result the University wanted to meet this need in the society and the world thus the introduction of the Programme.
- Critically manage various types of information and information sources in libraries and information centers.
- Apply and use Information Communication Technology in the handling of information.
- Identify and understand the operations of different types of information systems and services.
- Be able to progress academically to higher levels of education into relent degree courses.
The entry requirements set out below must be regarded as minimum requirements which, in no way directly entitle an applicant to a place in the university. The following requirements must be fulfilled: -
- KCSE certificate with a minimum of grade C - minus or equivalent qualification recognized by University senate.
- An O’ level mean grade of Division III or equivalent
- An A’ Level qualification with a minimum of two subsidiary passes or equivalent.
Exemptions and credit transfers
- Evidence supporting the application should include certified academic transcripts, certificates and a letter from the relevant registrar or authority
- Application for credit transfer will not be allowed three (3) weeks after the start of the semester / trimester unless granted permission by the University Senate.
- The University reserves the right to administer an appropriate test, through the relevant Department in order to determine whether exemption should be granted.
Download the most recent fee structure here
Applications can be downloded here , you can also submit your application online here