Bachelor of Business Information Technology
Information Technology is changing continuously and rapidly. Globalization and liberalization are radically reshaping technologically, the Information Technology development practices.
The Bachelor of Business Information Technology programme shall provide an interdisciplinary approach for training Information Technology professionals who need working competency in all sectors of the economy.
Why study the programme
The programmes will therefore provide Business Information Technology graduates with a real world technological experience that will prepare them into the fields of Business and Information Technology for the economic growth and prosperity of the region and world at large.
O level, A level graduates and Diploma in Business information technology holders who wish to take a career in Business and Information Technology sector as programmers, web developers, database designers and administrators, networking, Business managers, business developers among others.
- To provide students with a broad base knowledge of Business and Information Technology in order to manage the information in modern world.
- To provide an understanding of perspectives that form the context of Information Technology.
- To provide graduates with practical real world examples of equipment and services found in modern world.
- To provide Business Information Technology graduates with knowledge skills to enable them manage modern businesses using information technology.
- To produce an Information Technology professional whose qualification will be recognized in the world of modern world.
i) KCSE or equivalent certificate with a minimum of C+ and grade C (plain) in both mathematics and English or similar grades in an equivalent examination approved by the University Senate.
ii) KACE or equivalent Certificate with a minimum of the principal passes and O level Credit in Mathematics and English Language.
iii) Diploma in relevant disciplines in the field of information technology from an institution recognized by the university senate.
iv) A holder of KCSE certificate or equivalent with a mean aggregate of C(plain) with C (plain) in Mathematic and English with a pre-university certificate from Mount Kenya University.
Exemptions and credit transfers
A maximum of 15 credit transfers for diploma holders of I.T. and related diplomas recognised by the Mount Kenya University senate for individual subjects where students have attained a credit and above
4 Academic years
Programme start dates
Every January, May and Sept
Duration and Fees
Kindly click on this link to view the fees and program duration
Download application form here